The Periodontal Burr is a rectangular shaped solid carbide burr with an aggressive cutting pattern. The rounded end of burr is also used to smooth jagged edges of the periodontal pocket and allow food material to escape from the site.
Diastema treatment final widening: This .25 inch (6.33 mm) diameter burr is used as the 3rd and final diastema widening procedure in geriatric horses to create a final space width of 6.33 mm. This procedure, first described by BA Rucker DVM of Virginia, has helped the dental comfort of many geriatric horses when more conservative treatment such as removal of malocclusions and local flushing and antibiotic therapy is no longer effective.
- Material composition: Solid carbide burr mounted on a stainless steel shaft.
- .25 inch (6.33 mm.) diameter.
- Total burr length 1 inch (25 mm)
- Total cutting portion 3/4 inch (20 mm.)
- Compatible with PowerFloat Attachments: Guarded Right Angle, Un-Guarded Right Angle, Short Guarded Right Angle, Short Un-Guarded Right Angle